Putting make-up on PlaybackPopover

Hey everyone!

I’m very excited writing this post.

I’m really happy with my progress so far and I believe that my project will be completed on time! Actually, my internship is coming to the end and it has only fifteen days of work left.

Well, let’s talk about what I have been doing recently!

So, I thought my code was starting to smell and I found that was a great time to refactor it. My intention was to make the code easier to understand and more mantenible for anyone that will touch it in the future.

The first thing that I did was to create a separated module for the PlaybackPopover. I also followed the same approach for .ui file.

Much of the code was rewritten and I think it’s now much better (but far from perfect!)

I feel that this refactor made a big difference in code quality, so I’m quite happy now.

So, if you remember, in the last post I’ve told that PLaybackPopover has different views, and I also presented a screenshot of each one. I’ve made a comment about an issue that I was facing with not being able to get the albums cover. However, this is past now.

At that time, I had not worked the design since I was focused on making things work. After solving the cover issue, I started to make things pretty and I’m really happy with I’ll show you now.

So, here goes the new screenshots of PlaybackPopover:

Album view
Screenshot from 2016-02-22 21-28-33

Playlist view
Screenshot from 2016-02-22 21-28-23

Artist/Songs view
Screenshot from 2016-02-22 21-28-57

There are some details missing, but I think it is very similar to the mockup that I’m facing since the internship begins.

Actually, I can’t wait to see it to be implemented on Music!

Now I’ll start to work on the playing button, which will also have some changes.

So, that’s it for now! See you in the next post! 😉

10 thoughts on “Putting make-up on PlaybackPopover

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *